Earlier this month I found a beautiful patch of Princes (spore-print required) and then a couple weeks later I found an equally abundant patch of the more distinctive Slimy Gomphidius mushrooms, so I'm dining well on these and drying some for later. The acorns I've collected since October are taking their time to be properly leached of their bitter tannins but I'm being patient.  They're nutritious enough to be worth the effort. 
For the last few months I've been quite preoccupied with other things and didn't get any new posts out but I still found some time to harvest the last of the Sea Rocket pods and Salicornia for a stir-fry back in September.  And this winter I will be drying more seaweed.

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.

Leave a Reply.